Dogs belong to the family of mammals and the family Canidae, and they are among the animals that feed mainly on meat, and dogs are the first type that has been domesticated and selectively bred to control different behaviors, sensory abilities and physical traits, as the types of dogs differ greatly in shape, size and colors, which are One of the most important working animals, as it provided many jobs to humans, such as hunting, grazing, protection, pulling loads, and helping people with special needs. Rottweilers, how to care for them, how to train them, and the diseases that affect this type of dog.
The Rottweiler is one of the types of working dogs. This type of dog was a guard dog, a killer dog, a drag dog, a rescue dog, and a police dog. These dogs are known for their distinctive appearance and colour. The length of the Rottweiler ranges from 22 to 27 inches, while the range of They weigh between 90 to 110 pounds, and these dogs are distinguished by their short and coarse black coats with brown markings on the head, chest, and legs. Social skills. The Rottweiler breed first originated in Germany in 1901, and then appeared in America by the American Kennel Club in 1931.
How to take care of a Rottweiler dog
Rottweilers have many qualities that make them beloved dogs for humans, such as: their intelligence, courage, loyalty and many other qualities.
- You must make sure that this type of dog is suitable for those who want to raise it.
- He must get the appropriate vaccination and deworming treatment, and many different tests must be done before bringing the puppy home.
- A Rottweiler should be trained by walking for 30 minutes every day in order to release energy and stay healthy.
- Maintain a puppy’s coat by brushing it once a week and making sure his nails are short.
- Providing high quality food, where you must look for food in which meat is one of the main ingredients.
- Provide a suitable dish for the puppy and serve food inside this dish.
- Take a walk with the puppy outside on a regular basis.
- Begin socializing the puppy at an early age, such as introducing him to several other pets or training him in how to deal with humans.
- Enroll the puppy in kennel socialization places.
Rottweiler dog training method
Rottweiler dogs have been used in many works to serve humans, such as: guarding, hunting, raising livestock and helping people with special needs.
- Understanding Rottweilers and their training requirements:
- Get basic knowledge of the breed of this type of dog.
- Understand the temperament of the Rottweiler before you start trying to train it. Although they are loyal and affectionate dogs, they can be aggressive.
- Develop a training plan that can be followed up constantly, which helps in identifying the dog’s personality.
- If there is not enough time to train the dog, it is necessary to find a professional trainer.
- Getting started with dog training:
- It is preferable to start training the dog at a young age.
- Dogs are socialized by exposing them to other dogs and people, to help them become less aggressive.
- Training him through short training courses.
- Be patient during the dog training process.
- Avoid physical discipline and yelling while training the dog.
- How to train at home:
- Begin training the dog on simple commands, to ensure the upbringing of an obedient and well-behaved dog.
- Teach the dog to carry out the command to sit.
- Teach the dog to stop the wrong behavior, by using the word no.
- Teaching a dog to stop is one of the most difficult commands that requires a lot of patience.
- Teach the dog to come after teaching it to stop.
- Teach your dog not to bark, bite and jump at people.
Rottweiler dog diseases
The Rottweiler breed is a relatively disease-free breed, but it suffers from the threats of articular dysplasia, and because of this disease, the clubs of the Rottweiler breed had X-ray test devices, and the Rottweiler breed also suffers from the threats of osteochondrosis, where this disease affects On the shoulder joints, it occurs as a result of the rapid growth rate of the breed, and surveys in the United Kingdom and Denmark and veterinary data in the United Kingdom have been able to determine the average lifespan of these dogs, which was 8 to 10 years, and in the following we will talk about some other diseases that may affect dogs Rottweiler:
- : This disease is one of the most common causes of early death.
- It is a highly contagious and fatal canine disease that affects young dogs and puppies.
- : This disease occurs as a result of a lack of exercise, and the consequences of severe obesity can be very serious.
- : Arthritis, difficulty breathing, diabetes, heart failure, reproductive problems, and skin diseases.